The programme is suitable for:
- Early years practitioners/educators in Full Day-Care/Crèches/Sessional preschools, special education services and registered/notified child-minding settings
- Managers of Full Day-Care/Crèches/Sessional preschools, school age services, special education services
- Early childhood practitioners in the Health Services Executive
- County Childcare Committee members and staff
- Practitioners in the child and family support sector and generally refers to the care and the education of children aged 0-6 years.
The Early Childhood professional educator needs to understand many facets of the young child's development and how best to plan and implement programmes that address the child's needs in a holistic way. This applied programme in Early Childhood Studies is designed for people who have been working in the early childhood care and education sector for a number of years and who may already hold some qualifications in the early childhood area, but now wish to obtain academic qualifications to degree level. It is in response to national strategies on early childhood care and education which has identified the need to up skill the workforce in this sector. The programme will nurture students' personal, social and professional development with a view to producing a highly competent professional educator committed to providing high quality services to babies, young children and their families based on the contemporary principles of best practice as determined by Aistear and Siolta.
Course Fee: €2,500.00 per annum